Thursday 8 October 2020

3 and a half hours for an Ambulance to arrive after having to travel thirty miles

 

I’ll really upset today,

My mother was rushed away,

Pain in her hip and groin

Screaming in pain and agony

Paramedics arrived late

3.5 hours after the call

I did not know what to think

I did not want to drop the ball.

 

Bloody COVID caused the delay

The ambulance did travel 30 miles,

No paramedics in Gateshead,

Why is it we always get shafted?

Why is it we are always delayed,

Perhaps it's because of lack of funds,

The rich don’t care about the NHS.

 

I had to tell a little white lie,

The screaming and the puking

Was hard to bear,

I’ve never ever seen her like this,

My saint of a mother so kind and generous,

I feel guilt - was it my fault what could I have done different,

 

This COVID obsession has to stop,

Why should they be a priority over others?

It’s just another illness like the flu,

It can be bad but for the very few,

Lockdowns are killing the northeast.

 

 

I don’t want to think the worst,

The ambulance sat outside,

For an age,

I’m really scared,

 

She may die,

Perhaps if the ‘bus’ had arrived earlier,

They could have checked earlier.

 

I feel pretty numb and distant,

It’s feeling like time for resistance.

 

Enough is enough now, it’s time to end the bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment