Monday 12 October 2020

Dallas are Totally Fkd Now!

 I found last nights game quite enjoyable in a weird way.  I thought the Giants played well last night (I'm in the UK), and so did Dallas at times.  However, just beating a team like the Giants by a field goal, and now losing Dak ( I bet they are pleased they did not sign that massive contract now), is a recipe for disaster.  I do not want to sound disparaging about Dak; it was a horrible injury that you would wish on no one, and I hope he gets well soon.  However, we only just beat the worst defence in the league, and you can see the issues both teams have too many injuries, bad players, and lots of mistakes.  I think Dalton did ok when he replaced Dak; nevertheless, Dak had to break passing records and still lose, how is Dalton even going to have a chance. Our defence was still awful at times, even against the worst offence in the league. I now do not think we will beat the Eagles anymore and I think we may struggle to beat the Giants at their stadium.  I've seen ESPN, and other YouTube pundits and they all believe Dallas will win the division.  Maybe it's my cynical soul, but what is the point of winning a division 5-11.  What chance will we have in the playoffs, no chance?  If we win with a record like that, do we finish above the teams who won 6 or 7 or 8 games?  I don't know for sure, but I doubt it.  I know we are not going to get Lawrence now, as the Jets are so crap that they are getting him, but the higher we are in the draft we might get a great DE, Safety, or Cornerback.  I was reading on ESPN that we should franchise Dak next year, are they crazy when they have no idea how he is going to be when the time comes around.

Looking at the rest of the team, the highly paid players looked better in this game, but it was against the Giants who have a record of 0-5.  Will they do as well against the Steelers?  Zeke still did not run for over 100 yards, against the worst offensive team in the league, yes he scored two touchdowns, but he's paid the megabucks to run over 100 yards in most games.

Overall, the future does not look good for Dallas.  Let's have a reality check, the season is over and winning this division will be terrible in the long term. We have one of the worst defences in the league, and our offence is not much better now that Dak is out for the season. We have only one first-class OL player, and three great receivers, especially CeeDee Lamb, two good running backs trapped behind the dreadful OL, a new QB who is likely to be good, but he's not going to throw 450 yards every game. Even if we played the best we could, and I hope we do, we are not going to win many games with the team and the coaching we presently have.  We have to look to next year and try and get the best player we can in the draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment