Thursday 24 March 2011

Elizabeth Taylor - The Last of the Hollywood Legends dies

When I was a child I was watching a film with Elizabeth Taylor in it, my mother told me she was in her day, classed as the most beautiful woman in the world, and at the time I could see why. She was incredibly beautiful and lived an exciting, privileged, yet tragic life. Personally, when I was older I was firstly a Marilyn Monroe fan, as every teenage boy should be, then after watching Breakfast at Tiffany’s, I fell in love with Audrey Hepburn, who to this day is in my opinion the most beautiful actress ever. I also thought Grace Kelly was pretty hot and thought Cary Grant was a lucky bastard for having an affair with her for so many years, when he was at least twice her age.


I know I am going off subject here, but out of all the beautiful women that have graced our screens, those four from the 40’s, 50’s, and 60’s stand out. If I was to rank them I would put Audrey Hepburn first, Grace Kelly second, Marilyn Monroe third, fourth would probably be Raquel Welsh, she was gorgeous in the 70’s. Since I have started this fifth would be Catherine Zeta Jones, and Elizabeth Taylor would probably be sixth, Charlize Theron would be seventh, Kate Beckinsale eighth, Keira Knightly ninth and Ziyi Zhang tenth.

Umm I feel I bit shallow now, I was going to talk about what a great beautiful actress Taylor was, and how she was so lucky to collect Oscars when her brilliant actor husband Richard Burton did not. It is sad that she has died relatively young for this day and age, considering she is rich, but she had a good life and we will always remember her films.

As far as the others are concerned, Audrey is streets ahead of the rest, she is just one amazing, sexy, stunningly beautiful woman, and when she sings Moon River in Breakfast at Tiffany’s, she’s just perfect.

Mind now I think about it, if I was to compile a list of sexiest women instead of beautiful it might be slightly different, but who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment