Thursday 14 October 2010

Money – What’s it all about?

Good morning world how are we today?


It looks pleasant outside I hope everyone’s ok.



Money makes the world go round, or so they say, I think I want to elaborate on why I don’t like it, but now I‘ve thought of it further it isn’t that I don’t like money. It is more a case of I don’t like the fact I need a lot of it to do the things I want to do. And since I don’t have any, in a weird sort of way I am jealous, and resentful of money. This is not good, I know, but I want to do so many things and so many things cost so much money these days. Did you know that money in its simplest form is just a payment of debt to the bearer?

I know there will be plenty of people out there saying, no you don’t need lots of money to see the world, you can do it cheaply. Yes you can do it cheaply, but why should I? Why should anybody for that matter, why can’t we all be able to see things with a little bit of luxury, why can’t I dine in the finest restaurants, sleep in the most magnificent hotel suites. Have the best seats at the theatre, or at a concert. Travel to space and gaze down at the Earth, climb Mount Everest, whatever it may be. Yes I know I am being selfish, but I am sure I am not the only one. The problem is as I see it, well it’s a big problem; is that I am not greedy about money; I have never felt the fascination towards accumulating it.

I remember an old boss of mine (not a bad one if I am honest) he said if I ever published a book, would I be pleased because I would make lots of money? Many people have said similar things, or said would you like to be famous, etc, etc. My answer was no, it’s the freedom I would gain and the chance to experience all those wonders of the world, that would be the greatest gift in my opinion. The power to be able to go where I want, when I want, and see all that there is to offer, and to not have to worry if I can afford it. I don’t want to worry whether I will be debt ridden for the rest of my life, just for trying to experience something magical.

When I say I hate money, it is because of those reasons and it makes me sad that I have those feelings because it isn’t healthy. But I do, and I hope one day, I don’t feel like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment