Wednesday 13 October 2010

Our Life and Times a Merry-Go-Round

I thought since I have only written grotesqueness today, since I am in a black mood, writing misery cheers me up and I need cheering up at the moment.  Well here is a poem I have just thought of, it’s not very good, but it’s not bad I suppose.  It’s about the worst time of year in my opinion that time is autumn and winter.  So let’s hope it does the trick and cheers me up also.


As autumn leaves turn golden red,

As the suns gaze lowers it head,

Bitter winds, they start to blow and muster,

The moons white light turns a little crisper,

We button up our winter coats,

We pull out scarves and hats,

We snuggle warm in front of fires,

And watch as leaves start to fall,

And then the clocks go back an hour,

Halloween and Guy Fawkes pass,

And colder weather joins together,

Preparing us for winter,

The festive period comes and goes,

New Year before too long,

And then we start all over again,

Our life and times a merry-go-round.

1 comment:

  1. Shame you don't like the Autumn. I love it. It's that colour thing again - I marvel at the colours of Autumn. Anyway let's hope it's the Autumn of your illness and it falls away in a soft and peaceful way and who knows, after a settling period of cooling off during the winter months, Spring might bring new beginnings.

    ReplyDelete